This is an important message from the Town of Longmeadow Emergency Management Director Fire Chief John Dearborn.
A debris disposal site has been established in the parking lot of Wolf Swamp Fields where residents can bring debris from the storm. The Town will also be developing a curbside collection schedule in your area for brush that is placed at the street edge or on the tree-belt.
The Department of Public Works or its contractor will remove fallen trees that are in the public way. Any trees on private property will need to be brought forward for collection by the homeowner.
If there is debris that is causing a public safety hazard, please contact the Longmeadow Police Department at (413) 567-3311. For information about debris collection, please contact the Department of Public Works at (413) 567-3400 beginning tomorrow morning after 7AM.
July 11, 2019 Storm Recovery Message From Town of Longmeadow
Good Morning. This is a message from Longmeadow Emergency Management. The progress on the cleanup from the storm has been much faster and efficient than we could have anticipated.
Town residents have worked hard to return the community to normal. As a result of this tremendous collective effort, we are notifying you of important updates.
- The Disaster Declaration made by the Select Board will expire on Friday July 12, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
- The Wolf Swamp Fields storm debris collection area will close on Friday July 12, 2019 at Noon.
- The Recycling Center will be open Saturday and Sunday for storm debris collection for residents. A one-week grace period allowing residents without a recycling center permit to bring storm debris will be in place until the Center closes on Sunday, July 21.
- The DPW will end curb side pickup on Friday, July 12 at noon. If you have debris that is not picked up by this date and you live in the impacted area, you may call DPW at 567-3400 to schedule a pick up at the curb. We will only offer this service until Friday July 19, 2019.
- We would like to thank all of our residents for their assistance. We would also like to recognize the great work of the Longmeadow DPW for their work and coordination of this effort. There will be some additional tree work in the next few weeks to insure safety. If you have questions on a tree please call DPW at 567-3400. If you have questions on other recovery matters, please call Fire Chief Dearborn at 565-4179.
- Code Red All Call
- Town, Fire and Police FB
- Police Twitter
- Press Release to Media Outlets
- Town Web Site